{Braeden + Tonsils = Disaster}

Friday, July 9, 2010
So, these past few days have been miserable. Braeden has come down with yet another infection in his tonsils. This makes 4 times this month. It is almost unbearable. Braeden has been on a roller coaster ride since February, when he started daycare. I knew it would take a while for his immune system to catch up, but I just didn't expect this. It's out of control!!

On top of having tonsil problems, Braeden has bad allergies. So usually they play on each other. One will flair up, and then the other one will follow. He is allergic to amoxicillin, so there goes a ton of medications as well.

So here's the big problem. Braeden's tonsils look like golf balls. They are extremely hard, inflamed, and take up his whole entire mouth. So much though that his uvula is attached to one of them. To make matters worse, Braeden can not breath out of us nose. He has to breath out of his mouth. Which makes night time horrific. He snores like there is no tomorrow, and Ryan has had to sleep with him for the last 3 weeks because he has to make sure he's still breathing. As of right now, we think he probably has sleep apnea. Bottom line ... tonsils HAVE TO COME OUT!

So hear's what my day was like today. I wake up extremely early to take Braeden to the Dr.s for the fourth time this month. They immediately got us in, and pretty much told us that it was out of their hands at this point, that they were unable to treat him any further until he sees a specialist. We have an appointment for an ENT, but it's not until the 16th. He's EXTREMELY sick, can't talk, can hardly stand and they are telling me they can not treat him. Awesome! So the nurse says she is going to try to call the ENT to see if there is anyway they could get us in today. No luck! The Doc says she'll trying calling in a bit to see if they would listen to her. So I have Bayler there with me, I just mentioned that he was tugging at his ear earlier, so they took a lot ... yep, sure enough, ear infection. Fabulous ... bring it on!

So we leave with all of our prescriptions, I head home, and I decide I am going to try to call the ENT myself. I begged, pleaded, cried, everything I knew to do, and nothing. Oh, but I did get an, "I'm sorry we can't fit him in, we are so busy today, and we aren't hear from 12:00 to 1:30 for lunch." NICE! Way to really care about your patients ... seriously, kid can't breath and they just "don't have time." So you can imagine my frustration. Then, to make matters worse ... the doc calls the ENT to tell them it's urgent ... umm, they deny her as well. Oh, and the doctors in surgery all day tomorrow. Excellent!

Needless to say, I will probably go elsewhere. I am trying to take deep breaths tonight, and in the morning, start fresh. Hopefully I can get him in somewhere. On a positive note, tomorrow is Friday ... TJIF!!



kimberly said...

do you have to stay in a certain network? (like only JCMG doctors) I switched from the ENT at JCMG up to University of Missouri. (usually I stay local but I needed more help than they could give me)

JennyLee said...

Oh Nat, I'm so sorry! I'll be praying for your little man.

Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design